Homemade skincare with creams, lotions, serums, and more
Homemade skincare categorizes as skin creams, lotions, and scrubs. These DIY emulsions make your skin feel attractive. A little know-how about how these lotions can be prepared brings skin’s behavior back on track. A need for organic and natural handmade products are a must for the goodness of the skin.
The skin is the largest organ of the human body, and as such, it is a complicated one. It guards us against the particles of heat, cold, wind, and rain. Apart from this, the skin has another function to perform – that of regulating the temperature of the body through sweat pores.
Our bodies are protected from the elements most of the time, but what about the face? For those of us who live in real-time and deal with life both within and outside the home, the elements are a major factor in aging.
The epidermis functions as the first line of defense against free radicals generated by a variety of environmental assaults and enzymic activity. Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells from the surface of the skin If they are not removed from the surface of the skin in about 21 days and around five percent of the skin’s cells die every day. If they are not removed from the surface of the skin, they hide the fresh and topmost layer of the skin, leaving it looking dull and lifeless. This gives birth to pimples and blackheads.
Besides face wash and cleanser, a face scrub, or a mud mask repairs the skin. A scrub contains fine particles that clean the surface of the skin, the pores and even removes dead skin cells, thus leaving the skin free of any impurities.
Let us proceed on to the simple recipes of homemade skincare to prepare these magnificent, natural, chemical-free DIY emulsions.
Here are few trusted recipes for homemade skincare
1-Skin whitening body lotion
- One – Coconut (Grated)
- One cup- Water
- One Tbsp – Cornstratch or cornflour
- One Tbsp – Yellow Calamine powder (USA, India)
- Prepare coconut milk by blending grated coconut with one cup of water. The strained residue will be coconut milk.
- Put coconut milk on fire. Once it is lukewarm, add one tbsp – Cornstratch or cornflour into the milk. Cook it for another minute or two.
- Once the solution is thick, add the yellow calamine powder.
- Stir well. Turn off the flame.
- You can store this skin whitening lotion in the refrigerator for seven to eight days.
2-Skin brightening and tightening cream
- Two to three tsp – washed red lentil
- Two tsp – almond or olive oil.
- Two tsp – glycerine
- Two tsp – aloe vera gel.
- Six to seven drops of – Rose essential oil
- Soak the washed red lentil in rose water. Leave it for five to six hrs.
- Make a fine paste of it. Strain this paste.
- Add rose essential oil (USA, India) and the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer it to a dry airtight container.
- It stays for eight to ten days at room temperature.
3-De-Tan Face Scrub
- One and a half tsp – Coffee powder
- One and a half tsp – Sugar (fine granules)
- Two to three tsp – Honey
- Mix them thoroughly
- Your scrub is ready to be used.
- Two tsp – Rose Water
- Eight to Ten Strands – Saffron
- Two to three tsp – curd water
- Four tsp – Aloe Vera gel
- One – Vitamin E Capsule
- Infuse eight to ten strands of saffron into the rose water and leave it for four to five hours.
- Strain out the water from two to three tsp curd.
- Mix the rosewater (with saffron), curd water, aloe Vera gel, and vitamin E capsule.
Use it daily.
- Refrigerate it. It stays for fifteen days.
5- Pigmentation Removal Cream
- Two Tbsp – Rose Water
- Few strands of – Saffron
- Four to five tbsp – Aloe Vera Gel
- One Tbsp – Almond Oil
- Three to Four Capsule – Vitamin E Capsule
- Strain rose water.
- Mix all the components to the rose water.
- It stays for a week at room temperature.
6-Vitamin C Serum
- One cup – Rosewater
- One Tbsp – Orange peel powder (USA, India)
- Three Tbsp – Glycerine
- Three to four – Vitamin E Capsules
- One Tbsp – Aloe Vera Gel
- Mix rose water and orange peel powder and keep it aside for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Stir and strain.
- Use this residue as a face scrub.
- Mix glycerine, to this solution.
- Put Vitamin E capsules and aloe vera gel to it.
- Mix them thoroughly.
- Dab this serum on your face.
- Utilize it before bed or twice a day.
- Store in a dark bottle. If stored in a light color bottle, then store the bottle in a dark place.
7- Rice Face Cream
- Two and a half tbsp – rice
- One-fourth cup of grated coconut.
- Few drops of rose essential oil.
- Take two and a half tbsp of rice in a bowl. Add water till the rice is fully immersed.
- Let it soak overnight.
- Prepare a paste of the soaked rice with water. Add water if needed.
- Pour half a cup of water into one-fourth cup of grated coconut, and grind to a fine paste.
- Strain the coconut milk.
- Mix rice paste and coconut milk.
- Strain the blended concoction and heat on a low flame.
- Stir continuously.
- Once it thickens, remove it from the fire.
- Let it cool completely.
- Add a few drops of rose essential oil.
- Refrigerate the cream. It will stay for five days.
8- Potato Cream for dark spot and suntan removal
- Two – Potatoes
- Two Tbsp – Aloe Vera Gel
- Two – Vitamin E Capsule
- Half Tsp – Almond Oil.
- Grate and grind the potatoes in a mixer.
- Add little water to this mixture and leave it for some time.
- Later dispose of the water and collect the residue. This starch will be used in preparing the cream.
- In a bowl pour aloe vera gel, vitamin E oil, and almond oil into the rice starch.
- If you find the final concoction thick then can add rose water to dilute it.
- Refrigerate the potato cream. It stays for twenty days.
- One Tbsp – Green Tea Leaves
- Four to five Tbsp – warm water
- Four Tbsp – Aloe Vera Gel
- One and a half Tbsp – Jojoba Oil
- Two – Vitamin E Capsules
- Boil green tea in warm water and strain it.
- In this water add aloe vera gel, jojoba oil, and vitamin E capsule.
- Mix them thoroughly.
10- DIY Toner
- Boil the green tea in two cups of water. Cover the lid and cook until the water remains half cup.
- Strain and cool the liquor. Add tea tree oil.
- Store this water in a spray bottle.
- You can also add rose essential oil instead of tea tree oil.
- Those were the recipes for some homemade skin creams, lotions, scrubs, serum, and toner.
- We often face the problem of chapped lips. Underneath are few remedies to resolve this issue.
Remedies for chapped lips
We often face the problem of chapped lips. Underneath are few remedies to resolve this issue.
All you need is sugar, honey, and lime juice. Mix one tsp honey, one tsp sugar, and half a lemon juice thoroughly. Your lip scrub is ready.
Grind a few pieces of beetroot, one tsp rose petals, and a pinch of turmeric. This mixture will not resolve the problem of chapped lips but will give a beautiful color to the lips.
This is a bedtime remedy that will work while you sleep. In one tsp of coconut oil add three to four vitamin E oil. Mix and apply before going to bed.
Try these DIYs. After regular usage of the above remedies, the transformation will make you glow from within
These homemade skincare recipes are based on age-old practices pertained earlier to keep healthy skin. These forgotten, age-old methods were trusted and implemented by our ancestors.
The information for homemade skincare is based on ayurvedic writings. These creams, lotions, scrub, serum, and toner are made with natural ingredients without any side effects.
The traditional instructions are not a replacement for doctors’ opinions. Always consult a professional for a medical verdict if required. If any side effect erupts then discontinue applying the product.
Keep posting your inputs, experience, and opinion regarding your homemade skincare in the comments section.
The write up is excellent. I will certainly try the recipes. Keep up the good work.